8.30.2010

The Monk and the Monkey

This is a really nice film by Francesco Giroldini and Brendan Carroll - I am curious if Ringling is allowing students to team up now? It seems if this was the first pair that did so the quality has improved greatly. I would even compare it to some group efforts by Gobelins students.


I really enjoy the music in this short film along with the lighting! It's obvious A LOT of time was spent on this, the character designs, textures, camera and the animation are all really polished as well. Great job and best of luck to you guys!!

2 comments:

Andy Mason said...

kind of interesting to think that it would be limited to only one person per project to begin with, since animation is such a collaborative art form. it seems like the ability to work on projects with other animators would be a positive thing to show off in a grad project, in my opinion.

Toby Cochran said...

Yeah I know they all help each other out while in classes but they are required to do their own short films. This was the first time I have seen two names from a Ringling short.

We kinda had a decent experience like that while I was AiC. if they knew their stuff they would make the course 6 months and not 3 to create a short film.