11.29.2007

Posters

So I thought I would share some of the posters I have done over my years through the Art Institute. They will be in order from the most current to my first attempts! And I will give brief statements for some so you can see what the heck I was thinking!

I will show some of my concepts and progress for a few of them and will be blacking out part of a name along with the number included.

Summer 07 poster:


Here is where I started from, I sometimes just start drawing and messing around in PS to get some rough ideas:
Idea 1:

Idea 2:

Idea 3:


Discovery Days 07:
This was for a poster to promote upcoming events that the school would hold to bring in professionals to speak to the students.



Spring 07 poster:

For spring and summer I started to play around with the more grungy/urban type feel and look.

Winter 07 poster:


Here was one of my more refined sketches for this concept, I had drawn about 2 pages of different designs and looks for the leprechaun. As you can see from the sketch I was trying to make sure I got that foot to look right.


Fall 06:


Here is the spam can in the process of being textured, I thought it would be fun to create the "Internship" as the hero VS'ing the Spam can listing off there qualities.


Spring 06: Well for some reason I can't seem to find the rest of the poster for this one, but from the layout of the 3D I'm sure you can guess how it went.


Summer 06:
I thought this was fitting for the Internship Fair... early bird gets the worm message.


Winter 06
This poster was fun to create because it was the first time I used my 3D skills to help make the poster. But as you can see, my typography and layout skills were really bad.


Fall 05:
This one was fun for me except for the fact that I had to pust so much information on it. As you can tell from the later posters I think the message could get across with out so much type. This was the first of 3 poster with the "flying pig" It become the mascot as you could say for CS.

2 comments:

DEISIGN said...

Dude! I really like your stuff. Your graphic designs are very rich in texture, I like that.
Everything is been great! I´ve been studying my second year at Sheridan.. which so far has been much better than the first! How are things going for you?
Talk soon.
Happy Holidays.

Jacqueline Evans said...

I always loved to see the next poster coming out. I didn't realize they were all you. But of course, I should have guessed, who else would have flying pork. lol