2.07.2014

The Doodlenauts!

The wha?

I would like to introduce my new group called The Doodlenauts!



So what's The Doodlenauts you ask? It's an event for artists: photographers, doodlers, painters, developers etc; to go out and 'doodle' in the urban jungle! And more importantly to have fun, hangout, meet new people and share tips and tricks all while eating delicious food.

In addition to the Doodle day event I arrange dinner, a movie (usually animated) and a place for drinks after!

I've been hosting different events for the last two years now and have been wanting to "brand" it as something other than calling it a SketchCrawl. 1. Because my events are not exactly the same as a Sketchcrawl 2. I'm tired of people asking me if certain Pixar folks will be out drawing (granted those people aren't really there to draw in the first place) and 3. I wanted something that represented what I was doing and creating.

A few of my movie night events have been so big, I now have a go-to guy at the theater in the city just incase I need to arrange a private screening. Which we could have for the film Wreck It Ralph!

I love being out and about, in a fantastic city on a beautiful day and surrounded by incredibly talented people. Then to continue that enthusiasm into the movie, and experience it with everyone and after we talk / critique/ dissect the film over drinks. And it's freaking awesome.

My goal is to share that energy and create a fun community of artists. I've also got larger goals for this "brand' as well.

I'm kind of shooting from the hip as I don't normally create a group or property without making sure I have everything created (logo, website, social media, etc) But I want this to grow and be a process I can share. One of my larger goals with all of this is to one day create my own foundation to help ensure schools across the United States have ART programs, that includes: Music, Painting, Dancing, Theater and whatever else they want! It's something that wont happen over night, but this is my first active step towards my goal.

SO! If you are ever around in San Francisco or the Bay Area be sure to keep an eye out for The Doodlenauts! :D

2 comments:

Marat Davletshin said...

me approve new name!

Olivier Ladeuix said...

pretty catchy name I must say ;-)